Joint Transition Team
Industry structure and advocacy emerged as one of the priority issues during recent national consultation for the Australian Dairy Plan.
In response, a dedicated taskforce (JTT - Joint Transition Team) has been established to examine existing dairy industry organisational arrangements and recommend transformational change options to reform industry structures.
The JTT will be guided in its work by the overarching objectives of the Australian Dairy Plan to produce a more profitable, confident and united industry.
Selection criteria for the JTT and the appointment process can be found in the overview document along with further information.
A media release announcing membership of the JTT applications can be found here.
View the latest progress updates from the JTT.
JTT Member Bios
Detailed below is a brief bio of each JTT member and their industry involvement (past and present):
Shirley Harlock (JTT Chair)
Shirley is in a family partnership ‘Wollaston Farms’ comprising three farms covering 2000 hectares milking 360 cows in South Western Victoria.
- Chair, Future Dairy Industry Steering Group (2004 – present)
- Chair, AgCAP (2010 – present)
- Panel Member, DA Levy Poll review (2014 – present)
- Former Chair, Dairy Food Safety Victoria Board (2003 – 2012)
- Irrigator Representative, State Water for Growth Committee (2001 – 2003)
- Former Director, Australian Dairy Farmers Ltd (2000 – 2004)
- Former Executive Vice-President, UDV (1996 – 2005)
Adam is in a family partnership with his wife Catherine and have been involved in the agriculture industry for over 25 years the last 16 in primary production in South Western Victoria.
- South West Regional Extension Committee (2015 – 2018)
- Ministerial Appointment - Independent Advisory Panel – Agri. Energy Investment Plan (2018 – present)
- Former President, UDV (2015 – 2018)
- Former Director, VFF (2015 – 2018)
- Member Geoffrey Gardiner Foundation (2015 – 2018)
- Gardiner Foundation representative, Victorian Trade Mission to China (2015)
- Former Member, Australian Dairy Farmers National Council (2015 – 2018)
- Nuffield Scholar, (2011)Project Officer, Dept. of Agriculture (1996 – 1997)
Bruce has over 30 years of history in dairying, commencing in New Zealand, and for the last 15 years has been based in Australia. At a leadership level, Bruce has led several teams at processors Bonlac and Fonterra and has developed a strong network throughout the industry. Bruce currently has interests in several dairy farms in Tasmania.
- Chair, Dairy Farming (TAS) (2015 – present)
- Director, Van Dieman’s Land Co. (TAS) (2015 – 2018)
- Director, Compass Agribusiness Pty Ltd (2015 – present)
- Director, Moon Lake Investments (TAS) 2017 – 2018)
- Director, Australian Dairy Farmers Ltd (2017 – present)
- Director Operations & Ingredient Sales, Fonterra (2013 – 2015)
- Director, Group Sustainability Fonterra (2011 – 2013)
- Director, Dairy Australia (2010 – 2011)
- Group General Manager, Sustainability, Fonterra Aust. (2010 – 2011)
- Managing Director, Fonterra Ingredients Aust. (2008 – 2010)
Wes is a former dairy farmer with a long history of involvement with industry representative bodies. He lives in Toowoomba, Queensland.
- Former President, Australian Dairy Farmers Ltd (2009 – 2011)
- Former Chair, Australian Dairy Industry Council (2009 – 2011)
- Board member of Queensland Dairyfarmers’ Organisation
Malcolm is in a family partnership ‘Pyngama’ in a 700 head herd in South Western New South Wales.
- Member, NSW Farmers Dairy Committee (2016 – present)
- Member, Dairy Australia - Dairy Moving Forward (2014 – 2017)
- Director, Southern Growers (2014 – 2017)
- Member, NSW Primary Industries Ministerial Advisory Council (2013 – 2015)
- Chair/Vice Chair, Murray Dairy (2008 – 2015)
- Director, Murray Irrigation Limited (2005 – 2009)
A partner in a dairy farming business of over 400 hectares in West Gippsland milking 1000 cows. Was awarded the Weekly Times Dairy Farmer of the Year in 2016.
- Director/Deputy Chair, GippsDairy (2014 – present)
- Partner, SC & LA Finger - dairy farming operation (2007 – present)
Owner/partner in a dairy farm in Northern New South Wales.
- Interim CEO NORCO (July 2018 – present)
- Chair/Director, NORCO (1996 – present)
- Independent Chair, Australian Organic Industry Working Group (2017 – present)
Partner in ‘Janefield’ dairy milking 1000 cross bred cows in Northern Tasmania. Was awarded the 2015 ABC Rural Australian Dairy Farmer of the Year and 2016 Tasmanian Dairy Business of the Year.
- Member, Tasmanian Dairy Industry Authority (2017 - present)
- Executive Committee Member, Primary Employers Tasmania (2018 - present)