Update: Summary of Joint Transition Team’s third meeting and next steps
The Joint Transition Team (JTT) met for its third meeting in Melbourne this week. The diversity of skills on the JTT ensured a robust and challenging debate over the past two days.
Our agenda included:
- Received and reviewed several stakeholder submissions to consider in our deliberations
- Reviewed a wide range of relevant information and literature from numerous sources
- Remained focused on responding to expectations for transformational change and creating a more unified industry
- Explored a number of possible structural models and assessed them against the terms of reference and design criteria.
The JTT has an intensive work program ahead, which includes:
- As highlighted in the recent Dairy Plan national workshop, the issues of policy development and advocacy and whole of industry interests are a high priority in ongoing analysis
- We are on-track to deliver a Future Directions paper to the Dairy Chairs Committee by the end of October
- Finally, a reminder to stakeholders that closure for final submissions to the JTT is Wednesday 16 October.